2-DAY TREK IN VAL VIOLA BORMINA
Walking slowly into the mountains while breathing pure air, listening to the flowing of the stream, touching grass and moss in one of the most beautiful protected areas.
According to season and availability it will be possible to attend milking and dairy processes for the production of local cheese and butter
Difference in altitude 340 m
Distance km 6,5
Real walking time 3 ore e mezza
Max altitude 2133 m s.l.m.
Difference in altitude 150 m ascent and 500 m descent
Distance km 11
Real walking time 5 hours
Max altitude 2250 m a.s.l.
A whole week-end in Nature, in the forests at the foot of glaciers; an excursion requiring medium effort to be lived slowly in order to enjoy the landscape around us.
Val Viola Bormina is a Special Protected Area in the frame of the European Directive concerning “Protection of wild birds” and as such it hosts different species of birds and ungulates protected by the European community.
The itinerary starts from Arnoga where we can park. The path runs in the forest , along the river in the Val Viola Bormina to Valle Dosdè and the omonimous hut at 2133 m of altitude, where we will spend the night.
Two days of unforgettable panoramas, wonderful unexpected colours easy walking, warm and pleasant hospitality.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Please contact the Guide in advance to evaluate it.
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Terrain: mostly easy mountain paths. On Sunday, paths will be slightly more demanding. Trekking poles are recommanded.
Gradient: moderate and constant to our final destination.
Attention points: none.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 12 who are used to walk on mountain paths and on various terrains for two days.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Technical details are subject to change according to different decisions regarding the path due to weather conditions and path conditions, to the Guide discretion.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 10.00am at the car park in Arnoga;
- Excursion to Federico in Dosdè Hut; packed lunch in Nature;
- Dinner and overnight at the hut.
- 9.30 am Excursion to Viola Lake; packed lunch;
- Return to car park around 4.30pm.
Programme and paths are subject to change according to worsening weather conditions and terrain conditions, to the Guide discretion, in order to guarantee safety for trekkers.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
The Trek could be confirmed even though weather conditions are not perfect when safety for trekkers is guaranteed.
IN CASE OF EXTTREMELY WORSE WEATHER CONDITIONS THE EXCURSION WILL BE CANCELLED.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher for following excursions – validity 1 year from date of the first excursion.
In case of cancellation by the participant less than 3 days before excursion, no fees will be refunded.
Adults: € 30.00 per day (60 € for the weekend)
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON THE DAY OF THE EXCURSION
55 € half board
45 € half board CAI member
10 € participation to dairy processes (according to availability and season)
RESERVATION WIHIN SATURDAY 14th AUGUST 2021
How to participate
1) Register at the excursion at the relevant link on the website; pay the fee for the Guide for 2 days;
2) Cost for the stay at the hut will be paid cash on the day of the excursion.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (teens included): 15
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens more than 12 who are used to walk on mountains paths.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact
Car park is in Arnoga, along the road to Livigno after passing Bormio. Turn left at the hairpin turn in front of hotel Lì Arnoga, and take the descending road. As an alternative, turn left after the hairpin turn where you can find a large car park.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy;
- Backpack to carry snacks for 2 days, water at least for one day, packed lunch for 2 days (on request sandwiches can be prepared at the hut), spare clothes, night clothes, sack cloth and pillowcase, slippers, towels and personal belongings;
- Small folding backpack for half day belongings;
- Packed lunch for 2 days;
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); hiking raincoat in case of unstable weather and summer storms;
In case of doubt do not hesitate to contact me. More details as the excursion date is approaching.
Participants are required to:
- wear face masks when inside;
- take some spare masks;
- always guarantee interpersonal distance;
- sharing private car according to rules in force
- read and sign anticovid form on the day of departure;
- take some plastic bags with you to put your personal sweaty clothes>/li>