SNOWY WEEKEND IN ALPE PIAZZA including tasting local cuisine
A magic and snowy weekend looking for a relaxing moment and some cheese sciatt.
A medium-effort excursion to enjoy every single snowflake.
The path partly follows the summer itinerary, but it is a bit longer.
Forests, magnificent views on Valtellina and the surrounding mountains, pastures covered by a wonderful blanket of white snow.
The quiet effort of the ascent will be rewarded by a yummy tasting of sciatt at the hut where we will stay for the night.
Sciatt are cheese-filled buckwheat fritters from Valtellina.
More snowshoe hiking safely in the area during the rest of the day and in the night.
The itinerary is part of the project STORYTELLING BENCHES
Difference in altitude 1640 feet
Distance 2.5 miles
Max altitude 6200 feet above sea level
Difference in altitude 60 feet ascent and 1680 feet descent
Distance 3.7 miles
Max altitude 6200 feet above sea level
2 days in one of the most magic area in the Orobie pre-hills: snowshoes hiking in conifer forests and on the alpine pastures which in summer produce the precious Bitto cheese; le warmth of the capanat, the manager of the mountain lodge, typical cuisine made of local top quality products; hot chocolate in front of the fireplace always burning, local chestnut honey craft beer you can only find here; sunset and sunrise on Valtellina mountains (Retic alps); the magnificent view on the valley and regenerating freeze air on your cheeks.
On Saturday we will reach the mountain lodge where, after sunset and a nice hiking in the snow, we will arrange a familiar burraco cards tournament.
On Sunday the day will be devoted to snowshoes hiking among the nearby magic forest also offering wonderful view in Disgrazia Peak.
Return to car park after lunch at the lodge.
SNOWSHOES TO BE RENTED AUTONOMOUSLY OR UPON REGISTRATION (8 PAIRS AVAILABLE)
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Itinerary on snow-covered environment whose conditions could vary according to varous factors among which temperature and kind of snow. Suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions even in case of first experience on snowshoes.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experience; closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.30am at the Rita Levi Montalcini car parking in Morbegno or alternatively in Lecco Bione at 8.15am, to share cars and reach the car parking where the path begins.
- Coffee, toilet and snowshoes collecting;
- Snowshoes excursion to the lodge and accommodation; packed lunch or lunch at the lodge; optionally hiking in the area;
- Burraco cards tournament;
- Dinner and night snowshoes hiking.
lodge and back to car park at about 4/4.30pm.
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4/6/8 PEOPLE DORMITORY in bunk beds. The lodge is heated by wood fire.
Adults: € 60.00 for the weekend
Childrene and teens up to 12: € 50.00 for the weekend
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group for 2 days (saturday and Sunday)- AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any tasting; any transport to the meeting point; any self-rescue kit and showshoes renting costs; accommodation at the lodge; injury insurance for participant; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON THE DAY OF THE EXCURSION
60 € full board (dinner on Saturday, overnaight stay, beakfats a nd lunch on Sunday)
4 € disposable cloth sack on request;
10 € snowshoes renying on request (8 pairs available);
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4/6/8 PEOPLE DORMITORY in bunk beds.
Rifugio Alpe Piazza
RESERVATION WIHIN Monday, 8th January 24
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (teens included): 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Excursion could be confirmed even if weather conditions are not good but safe for participants.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion – max validity 1 year – or refunded (only for foreign people).
No refund is due in case of cancellation by the participants less than 2 days before the excursion.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; NO injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact
Rita Levi Montalcini car park area in Morbegno, large and grevel, is where the SS8 to Passo San Marco starts;
On request, early meeting point in Lecco Bione.
- Winter trekking shoes, waterproof and with gripping soles;
- Trekking poles COMPULSORY with larger snow basket to improve performance in deep snow;
- Backpack for 2 days (40 – 60 l.) including water and food supplies, hot beverages, spare clothes for 2 days and the night, sack cloth and pillow cover, towels and personal belongings;
- Packed lunch for the first day in case you do not want to eat at the lodge;
- Dress in layers (technical underwear, t-shirt, liong-sleeved shirt, duvet, softshell, gloves and wool cap);
- A small backpack to carry inside the big one and to be used during the day;
- Trekking rampoons in case of emergency on iced path;
ONLY ONE 40 TO 60 LITERS BACKPACK IS ALLOWED DURING THE EXCURSION
Trekkers not adequately equipped will not be admitted to the excursion.
In case of doubt do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
According to rules in force on the day of the excursion.