SNOWY WEEKEND IN ALPE PIAZZA UNDER FULL MOON
A magic and snowy weekend under the full moon looking for a relaxing moment and some cheese sciatt.
A medium-effort excursion to enjoy every single snowflake.
The path partly follows the summer itinerary, but it is a bit longer as it begins along the main road leading, in summer, to Passo San Marco and which is closed in winter.
Forests, magnificent views on Valtellina and the surrounding mountains, pastures covered by a wonderful blanket of white snow.
The quiet effort of the ascent will be rewarded by a yummy tasting of sciatt at the hut where we will stay for the night.
Sciatt are cheese-filled buckwheat fritters from Valtellina.
More snowshoe hiking safely in the area during the rest of the day and in the night under the full moon shining on the snow and enlightening the night.
Difference in altitude 500m
Distance km 4
Real walking time 2 hours and half
Max altitude 1900 m a.s.l.
Difference in altitude 20m ascent and 520m descent
Distance km 6
Real walking time 4 hours
Max altitude 1900m a.s.l.
The Decree Law 28th February 2021, n. 40, concerning both off-track and snow-covered environment activities, enforce the use of an avalanche beacon, probe and shovel when snowshoe hiking when off-track regardless of the level of skilfulness.
The avalanche beacon is a transmitting device allowing people swept by an avalanche to be found; thus, anyone must be equipped with. It must be put under all clothes close to underwear, while shovel and probe can be carried in the backpack.
When you participate to Trek&Taste snowshoes hiking excursions you do not need to drive around in search of snowshoes and self-rescue equipment, because we can rent all the required kit.
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Itinerary on snow-covered environment whose conditions could vary according to varous factors among which temperature and kind of snow. Suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions even in case of first experience on snowshoes.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experience; closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.30am at the Rita Levi Montalcini car parking in Morbegno or alternatively in Lecco Bione at 8.15am, to share cars and reach the car parking where the path begins.
- Snowshoes excursion to the hut and accommodation; packed lunch or lunch at the hut; optionally hiking in the area;
- Dinner and night snowshoes hiking under full moon light.
- Breakfast and excursion in the area; lunch at the hut and return to car park at about 4/4.30pm.
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4/6/8 PEOPLE DORMITORY in bunk beds.
Adults: € 60.00 for the weekend
Childrene and teens up to 12: € 50.00 for the weekend
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group for 2 days (saturday and Sunday)- AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any tasting; any transport to the meeting point; self-rescue kit; accommodation at the hut; injury insurance for participant; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON THE DAY OF THE EXCURSION
65 € full board (dinner on Saturday, overnaight stay, beakfats a nd lunch on Sunday)
8 € disposable cloth sack on request;
22 € self-rescue kit renting fee for the week end (TO BE PAID SEPARATELY WITHIN 4th JANUARY 2023)
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4/6/8 PEOPLE DORMITORY in bunk beds.
Rifugio Alpe Piazza
RESERVATION WIHIN FRIDAY 30th December 22
PAYMENT OF SNOWSHOES AND SELF RESCUE KIT WITHIN 4th JANUARY
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (teens included): 12
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Excursion could be confirmed even if weather conditions are not good but safe for participants.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion – max validity 1 year – or refunded (only for foreign people).
In case of cancellation from the participant less than 3 days from the date, the relevant Guide fee and self-rescue kit costs cannot be refunded.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; NO injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact
Rita Levi Montacini car parking in Morbegno, large and grevel, is where the SS8 to Passo SanMarco starts; while Lecco Bione car parking is at the exit from SS36.
Car-pooling according to rules in force. Costs will be shared among passangers.
- Please let me know in case you are willing to share your cars with people coming from your same are of residence in order to meet any requests.
- Winter trekking shoes, waterproof and with sole in Vibram material preferably;
- Trekking poles with larger snow basket to improve performance in deep snow;
- Backpack for 2 days (40 – 60 l.) including water and food supplies, hot beverages, spare clothes for 2 days and the night, sack cloth and pillow cover, towels and personal belongings
- Packed lunch for the first day in case you do not want to eat at the hut; /li>
- Dress in layers (technical underwear, t-shirt, liong-sleeved shirt, duvet, softshell, gloves and wool cap);
- A small backpack to carry inside the big one and to be used during the day;
ONLY ONE 40 TO 60 LITERS BACKPACK IS ALLOWED DURING THE EXCURSION
Trekkers not adequately equipped will not be admitted to the excursion.
In case of doubt do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
According to rules in force on the day of the excursion.