THE VIANDANTE TRAIL (Wayfarer trail) along LAke Como eastern shores.
6 different stages to be customized according to and respecting trekkers’ interests and physical fit.
Charming and hidden corners on Lake Como hills to be discovered and enjoyed along ancient mule tracks, among forests and hamlets, olive groves and terracing.
The visit of Vezio Castle and Orrido in Bellano; the magic of Fiumelatte and local products tasting, from olive oil to lake fish, ancient and small chapels along the way, and last but not least magnificent views on Lake Como.
STAGES AND PROGRAMME TO BE CUSTOMIZED ACCORDING TO TREKKERS’ REQUIREMENTS, INTERESTS AND PHYSICAL FIT- ITALIAN, ENGLISH AND FRENCH SPOKEN
OVERNIGHT STAY AS EITHER A RESIDENTIAL OR TRAVELLING TOUR
According to the stage
1st STAGES Abbadia – Lierna: one of the easiest stage offering nice views on Lake Como, Nature and the chance to taste local products .
Suitable for people who would like to hike slowly with no great effort, enjoying the area.
2nd STAGE Lierna – Varenna: one of the toughest stage (difference in level 700 m) but offering a magnificent view on Lake Como, the visit of Vezio castle and Fiumelatte, the misterious and shortest river in Italy
Good training required. Suitable for people who are used to walk.
3rd STAGE Varenna – ellano: the most verstile, which can be easily customized according to trekkers’ rytme and physical training as well as interests: hamlets welcoming us, local olive oil and lake fish tasting, the pollibreria, a unique place where to share books, Vezio castle, Orrido in Bellano, a natural gorge created by the river Pioverna flowing from Grigna Mountain. Ancient water-driven cable cars, not to miss wonderful views on Lake Como.
Suitable for people not particularly used to walk in Nature and it offers different itineraries according to physical fit.
4th STAGE Bellano – Dervio: a quiet excursion to enjoy the ancient village of Bellano, the Orrido, ancient terracing once devoted to vineyards and hamlets nested on the hills, to finally reach Dervio, the most popular fishing area where in June and July you will admire people still catching fish according to ancient tradiotions. Agone(local fish) tasting not to be missed!
Suitable for people even if not used to walk in Nature.
5th STAGE Dervio – Dorio and San Rocco Church back to Corenno Plinio: a long itinerary leading us to ancient pastures which are now summer resorts overlooking lake Como.
San Rocco chapel dominates the Lake and will offer a magnificient view; here the sun shining on lake waters is unique. Not to be missed on the way back the medieval jewel of Corenno Plinio.
Physical training required according to programme, as this itinerary can be easily customized.
Difficulty level – MEDIUM to DEMANDING
according to the stage
Terrain: Itineraries on well-kept paths and mule tracks.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
PROGRAMMA DI MASSIMA
- Around 9.30am meeting point at the scheduled venue according to stage and programme;
- Excursion on the Viandante trail according to scheduled programme;
- Lunch to be agreed upon (either packed lunch or in a bar;
- End of the excursion according to scheduled and customized program to meet your requirements and physical fit;
Please contact me to customized your tour so that it fits you as confortable as a hiking shoe
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case of bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days to guarantee your safety.
Confirmation by payment 2 days before the excursion.
€ 90 per person (minimum 2 people)
€ 200 for private groups up to 15 people
Inclusions: Nature Hiking Guide fee accompanying in Italian, English and/or French; liability insurance; guide expenses.
Exclusions: any lunch and break or tasting; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance for participants; any entrance ticket; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
B&B la Casa sul Sasso di Dervio
Reservation: please contact me directly to arrange your tour according to your interests and time available:
+39 347 04 05 703.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Lecco branch on Lake Como is connected by a convinetnt train service so that all stopping villages are connected and can be easily reached in case you arrange your stay as residential or travelling.
Check train timetable
Per maggiori informazioni e dettagli contattare la Guida.
Please, contact the guide for further information +39 347 0405703
- Hiking shoes are always required, having soles in gripping material such as Vibram material, to walk safely on any terrain and in any season.
- Hiking poles are recommanded considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; I can borrow you in case.
- Small backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies.
- Packed lunch in nature according to programme;
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain poncho in case of unstable weather and summer storms.
No measures at the moment :-))