From the forest to the lake, from the lake to the forest
along ancient mule tracks once connecting hamlets to taste lake fish and discover an ancient tradition kept alive on Lake Como shores.
A medium-effort excursion offering different possible itineraries (see detailed programme on website) and running along the famous Viandante trail concentrating on majestic views offered by San Rocco Chapel, on typical metamorphic rocks emerging along the way, on the amazing mule tracks running up sinuously and embraced by dry on the medieval jewel Corenno Plinio, on meeting local people keeping alive ancient traditions and places and finally on tasting lake fish and shad-catching watching in Dervio.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Mule tracks and typical dry walls along the Viandante trail;
- Magnificent views on Lake Como;
- Crotto, hamlets and local people to talk with;
- Corenno Plinio, a medieval jewel on Lake Como;
Difference in altitude: 450 m
Distance: 8,5 km
Real walking time: 4,5 ore
Maximum altitude: 600 m a.s.l.
The Viandante Trail is an ancient path running from Lecco to Colico among forests and hamlets; local people and pilgrims alike walked along in the past. Leonardo da Vinci himself, great and passionate alpinist and traveller, travelled on this path to discover the territory
An excursion requiring a bit of effort to reach the small chapel on top of the mountain but offering a heart-breaking panorama on Lake Como and Valtellina (Pian di Spagna). We will start from Dorio and walk up to San Rocco chapel and the point of view; we will not miss to visit Corenno Plinio and the steep steps leading to the lake. Excursion will end back in Dorio.
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Terrain: mainly on rocky and cobblostone paths and some easier paths. Trekking poles are recommended.
Gradient: light; demanding to reach the chapel.
Attention points: demanding ascent to the chaple; slippery path.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 12 in good health conditions and used to walk on mountain paths, considering difference in altitude and distance to be walked.
Trekking shoes compulsory with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 8.30am at Lecco Bione car parking to share cars;
- Meeting point 9.30am at the graveyard car parking in Dorio, via Giovanni Barili; available places in the area, at the railway station and along the main way;
- ùExcursion to San Rocco chapel, point of view and packed lunch in nature in the pic-nic area; visit to Corenno Plinio;
- Retrurn to Dorio at around 4.00pm;
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion (except for foreign people) – validity max 1 year from first excursion reserved.
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature and Hiking Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; tasting; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required WITHIN Saturday, 20th NOVEMBER 2021, on the relevant link on my website www.trekandtaste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Dorio can be easily reached both by car and train (trenord). Free but limited-capacity car parking.
A n earlier meeting point could be given in Lecco Bione.
Please check for meeting point and time on final programme on website
- Please let me know in case you are willing to share your cars with people coming from your same are of residence in order to meet any requests.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Hiking poles recommanded, considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies;
- Packed lunch;
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain poncho in case of unstable weather;
- Duvet, gloves and wool cap;
Participants are requested to:
- Always wear their face masks when inside;
- Owing their Green Pass to access public and closed places according to rules in force;
- Take some spare masks;
- Always guarantee interpersonal distance ;
- Read and sign anti-covid form on the day of the excursion