DOWN TO THE ENCHANTED VALLEY
ENJOYING THE QUITE ATMOSHERE OF THE TRIANGOLO LARIANO FAR FROM EVERYDAY RUSH
Walking slowly along the stream flowing down peacefully, and forming pools and waterfalls in the sedimentary rocks ; listening the silence of the forest, birds singing, leaves falling; observing sunlight peeking through the treetop, feeling winds flowing slowly through the leaves to our cheeks.
Difference in altitude: 250 m
Distance: 5 km
Real walking time: 3 hours
Maximum altitude: 900 m a.sl. (Alpe del Viceré)
Minimum altitude: 650 m a.sl. (stream)
It is an easy circular itinerary running down from Alpe del Vicerè (Albavilla – Como) to the stream valley far from the crowd and the rush.
Landscape telling about an agricultural past, red soil and stones still hiding fossils, thick woods and finally the stream flowing down the valley forming pools in sedimentary rocks typical of this karst mountain area (Trinagolo Lariano).
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them.
Level of difficulty
It is an easy circular itinerary on paths and mule tracks with only few slight ascents, suitable for people and teens over 10 who are used to walk on mountain tracks.
- Meeting point 10.00am at the parking entrance at Alpe del Viceré, near the Ristoro alla Salute.
- Circular itinerary initially running down; packed lunch along the way.
- Return to Alpe del Vicerè 4.30/5.00pm
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people).
Adult: € 18.00;
Children and teens less than 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 10,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required within TUESDAY 4TH MAY 2021 to the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minimum age required 10. Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alpe del Viceré – Albavilla – can be easily reached but only by:
YOUR OWN CAR
from Milan (about 62 km) SS36 exit Nibionno or Suello and then direction to Como;
from Lecco (about 28 km): SS36 direction Milan; exit Sullo and then direction to Como;
from Como (about 13 km): SP342 direction to Lecco.
Paid car park according to the day of the week. Rates 2021 not available now.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely in the woods.
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1.5 litres per person).
- packed lunch (no mountain huts or water sources on the way); lunch will be near the stream.
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket).
Participants are requested to:
- wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- take some spare masks with them.
- guarantee interpersonal distance while walking.
- avoid sharing private car for transportation.
- do not share food and beverage.
- read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion.
- take some plastic bags with them to put personal sweaty clothes .
Is there a car park at the meeting point?
YES, there is. Large paid car park according to the day of the week. Rates 2021 not available now.
Is the itinerary suitable for my child?
YES, it is. The itinerary is easy. Both the path and the area around the stream are very interesting and can arouse curiosity and encourage practical activities. Itinerary suitable for children over 10-year-old.
What about my dog?
Your dog can participate to the excursion, but the Guide has to be prevented. Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them.
Are hiking shoes compulsory?
YES, they are. Hiking shoes are recommended, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely in the woods. Hiking poles are advisible as well to reduce stress on knees and joints.
What about lunch?
Lunch will be in the wood, near the stream. So, do not forget to take packed lunch and water supplies (no tables or benches available, no mountain huts or water source)
Is there a market to buy food near the meeting point?
NO, there isn’t. You can buy sandwiches and water in cafés and restaurants near the car park but PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE AT THE MEETING POINT.