EXCURSION TO LAKE COMO PASTURES
A medium-effort excursion sometimes requiring sure footedness and which will lead us to pastures where local cheese is produced and where view on Lake Como is magnificent: chestnut and spruce trees forests, well-renovated ancient farmhouses, views on Lake Como and Lugano.
Camaggiore is a unique hamlet offering a unique panorama on Lake Como.
On the way back we will visit alocal farmhouse to taste season food products.
Difference in altitude: 500 m
Distance: 6 km
Real walking time: 3 hours
Maximum altitude: 1200 m a.s.l.
POINTS OF INTEREST
– Magnificent views on Lake Como and Lake Lugano
– Pastures where local cheese is produced
– Tasting of local farmhouse products according to season.
Terrain: mostly mountain paths easy to travel on; only very few stretches requiring sure footedness owing to narrow path but not exposed at all in the forest. Trekking poles recommended (telescopic ones are very handy).;
Attention points: sometimes sure footedness required
Excursion suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions and used to walk on mountains paths, considering difference in altitude and distance to be walked.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- Meeting point 9.30am at the car parking near the Town Hall (free) in Vendrogno (Bellano);
- Excursion to the pastures in Camaggiore where local cheese in produced in summer; packed lunch in Nature;
- On the way back stop at a local farmhous for a break including season fruits and vegetables;
- Around 5pm return to car parking and end of the tour.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher for the next excursion (except for foreign people) – validity 1 year.
Adults: € 20.00;
Children and teens up to 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; any tasting; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
€ 10 per person for season farmhouse tasting
Reservation required WITHIN TUESDAY 12th OCTOBER 2021, on website or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Vendrogno can be reached from Lecco driving along Vaslsassina to Taceno.
Meeting point also in Lecco on request.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Hiking poles recommended considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy (highly recommanded);
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person);
- Packed lunch;
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain stopper in case of instable weather and summer storms;
- Sunscreen and baseball cap in summer;
- Headlamp in autumn
Participants are requested to:
- Always wear face masks when inside; owing Green Pass to access closed environments according to rules in force;
- Take some spare masks;
- Always guarantee interpersonal distance;
- Respect rules in force in case of car-sharing;
- Read and sign anticovid forms on the day of the excursion;
- Take some plastic bags to put personal sweaty clothes .