GETTING TO KNOW SNOWSHOES
An easy hiking on comfortable and wide tracks to allow those who would like to try snowshoes for the first time to familiarize with them but also to offer people a wonderful day in Nature, open air, in the snow, also including a friendly lunch in the local mountain lodge.
Artavaggio is a high plain in Valsassina which can be easily reached by cable car, so not to far from Milan.
Return path will be quite the same unless we want to try untouched snow.
Difference in altitude: 240 m
Distance: 3 km
Maximum altitude: 1867 m a.s.l.
Meeting point is at the car park area near Moggio cable car to Artavaggio. In Artavaggio will have our coffee and collect any snowshoes needed.
Our relaxing snowshoe hiking starts from here; it is an easy path with no danger and difficulty points, so let’s enjoy the day, fresh air and wonderful cuisine.
Artavaggio offers great view on the surrounding mountains and Orobie pre-hills.
Back around 3.30pm to take the cable car back to Moggio.
The destination could vary according to snow cover and cable car opening period.
Easy excursion with snowshoes on snow-covered path.
Wide plateau – light gradient
No points of attention
Suitable for adults in good health conditions who are used to walk on mountain paths considering difference in level and distance to be walked; winter Hiking shoes are required with gripping soles in Vibram material.
Dogs not allowed.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 9am at the entrance of cable car to Artavaggio in Moggio; car parking in the area; earlier meeting in Lecco Bione car parking at 8am;
- Excursion to farmhouse as per description; short break on the way.
- Cable car to Artavaggio plateau and snowshoes excursion; briefing on the use of avalanche transceiver;
- Lunch at the mountain hut (optional) upon reservation and return to car parking early afternoon.
ATTENTION: Programme could vary according to snow conditions and cable car opening period.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people); max validity 1 year from first excursion.
In case of cancellaltion by the participants no refund is due and the amount for snow kit has to be paid anyway.
- In case of lack of snow, destination and/or programme could vary so to guarantee both excursion in nature, even if with no snowshoes, and the briefing on avalanche transceiver.
Adult: € 20.00;
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; renting of snowshoes; injury insurance for participants; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
14.5 € return tcket Cable car
8 € renting of snowshoes in case you need;
Any self-service lunch at the lodge.
Reservation required within Saturday, 20th January 24 on the chart of the event on my website www.trekandtaste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artavaggio plateau is green area in Valsassina which can be reached by cable car from Moggio near Lecco.
Early meeting point in Lecco Bione car parking on request.
- Winter hiking shoes, waterproof, are required, preferably high laced-up and having gripping soles to walk safely; .
- Trekking poles COMPULSORY with larger snow baskets to improve performance in deep snow;
- Snowshoes (you can rent them on request upon registration)
- Hiking gaiter
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person) and some snacks.
- Dress in layers (technical underwear, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, duvet, softshell, gloves and wool cap)
- Trekking rampoons in case of dangerous iced paths;
- Sunglasses and headlemp.
Trekkers not adequately equipped and dressed will not be allowed to participate to the excursion.
According to rules in force at the time of excursion.