HAMLETS AND OLIVE GROVES ALONG THE VIANDANTE TRAIL
Walking slowly along the Viandante Trail, through hamlets, olive groves, chestnut and oak forests; enjoyng wonderful panoramas on Lake Como; reading in a unique place in nature; farm tools collection
Difference in altitude: 430 m
Distance: 8,5 km
Real walking time: 4,5 ore
Maximum altitude: 635 m a.s.l.
A circular itinerary requiring a medium effort but offering a pleasant moment in nature, on the hills around the village of Varenna on Lake Como: hamlets, small ancient chapels, mule tracks, watchtowers, wonderful views on Lake Como and last but not least a reading time in a unique place in nature, where we can also visit a collection of ancient farm tools.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
Terrain: mostly on cobblestone paths in the hamlets and forest paths, easy to walk on. Trekking poles recommended for stability.
Gradient: moderate and constant to the max altitude. Difference in altitude 430 m.
Attention points: none.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 10 used to walk on mountain paths facing a slight to moderate difference in altitude (430 m).
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
- Meeting point 9.30am at the railway station in Varenna;
- Circular itinerary on the hills; packed lunch along the path.
- Packed lunch, shared readings, experiences, emotions and knowledge;
- Return to Varenna around 5.20pm. Trains to Lecco and Milan every hour at ‘35.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (for foreign people).
Adult: € 18.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 10,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required WITHIN FRIDAY, 21st MAY, on the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Varenna can be easily reached :
BY TRAIN: from Milan and Lecco.
Free and large car Parking in Lecco in Via Giuseppe Badoni, 10 min walk from the station.
PLEASE CHECK TIMETABLE BEFORE LEAVING
Train tickets must be bought before getting on the train: at the ticket machine in Milan and at the newsstand in Lecco. If you do not manage to buy the ticket, immediately prevent the ticket collector as you get up the train.
Tickets must be validated before getting up the train.
BY CAR: car parking fee in Varenna train station is 13 euros/day.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on slippery mule tracks.
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies.
- packed lunch (no mountain hut on the way) in the shade of trees; drinkable water source available.
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket).
- a second-hand book to share at the pollibreria
Participants are requested to:
- – wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- – take some spare masks with you.
- – interpersonal distance must be guaranteed while walking.
- – avoid sharing private car for transportation.
- – do not share food and beverage.
- – read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion
- – take some plastic bags with you to put your personal sweaty clothes.