HAPPY HOUR ON MONTE BOLETTONE
Alpe del ViceréIt is a green natural area on the hills behind the village of Albavilla, at the foot of Triangolo Lariano. An easy late-afternoon excursion from Alpe del Viceré up to Monte Bolettone, along paths running from the thick chestnut trees woods to the pioneer birch trees woods; from the row of fir trees characterizing Mount Bolettone even many kilometres far away to the grass land which in May is covered with narcissus.
Last but not least, the magnificent view from the top which sweeps from the Appennini to the Alps, from Lake Como to the Grigne and above all on Monte Rosa behind which the sun will slowly go down colouring the sky of red and rose…if the sky is clean… if it is not, we will enjoy anyway nature, the path, friendship, laughs and a tasting aperitif including Valsassina cheese and handcrafted beer DuLac or red wine according to availability.
Aperitif is part of the excursion.
Difference in altitude: 400 m
Distance: 5 km
Real walking time: 2 hours and a half
Maximum altitude: 1343 m a.s.l.
Punti di interesse
- Walking at sunset light and in the dark
- Sunset and 360° view
- Aperitif including local products
Level of difficulty
Terrain: paths and mule tracks off the beaten tracks
Gradient: moderate to demanding (along the row of fir trees);
Point of attention: headlamp required
Suitable for adults and teens over 10 who are used to walk on mountain tracks.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 5.00pm at the car parking in Alpe del Viceré at the bar at the end of the car park;
- Excursion to the top of Monte Bolettone; aperitif and sunset (according to cloud cover);
- 10pm return to Alpe del Viceré
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people). Validity up to 1 year from date of the excursion.
Adult: € 15.00;
Children and teens less than 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 8,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break and tasting; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
15 € aperitif (3 kind of cheese and 2 kinds of cold cuts from Donzeno farm; local honey; handcrafted beer DuLac)
Please prevent the Guide in case of allergies or special diet.
Reservation required within Monday, 21st SEPTEMBER 2021 directly on my website www.trekandtste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Alpe del Viceré – Albavilla – can be easily reached but only by YOUR OWN CAR
Paid car park till 5pm every day in august.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season.
- hiking poles recommanded considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies in addition to aperitif as described (no water sources on the way);
- headlamp compulsory
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket).
Participants are requested to:
- wear their face masks when inside
- take some spare masks with them.
- always guarantee interpersonal distance.
- sharing private car for transportation according to rules in force.
- read and sign anticovid forms on the day of the excursion.
- take some plastic bags to put personal sweaty clothes .