EXCURSION TO THE NOTES OF DIATIONIC ACCORDEONS ON VARENNA HILLS
Notes and Nature, harmonies, and hamlets in an easy to medium effort excursion among hamlets on Varenna hills.
A day in touch with nature and traditions, far from chaos and everyday rush. Let’s pause and enjoy the lake and the light it reflects; and live the past of the hamlets keeping alive traditions; and live the landscape which changes at every corner
Difference in altitude: 250 m
Distance: 8 km
Real walking time: 4 HOURS
Maximum altitude: 450 m a.s.l.
The itinerary starts in Varenna and runs up the hills through olive groves, woods, and hamlets to enjoy views on Lake Como and last but not least live music which we will enjoy while pausing to catch our breath.
Alberto Biffi and Lorenzo Lo Calzo will enjoy our path to the notes of their diatonic accordeons.
Return to Varenna will be at sunset so headlamp is highly recommanded.
Music taken from international folk music is to be listened. The event will be organized according to anti-covid rules in force.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Music in Natura …. Notes in harmony with the sound of nature!
- Woods, hamlets, olive groves and views on Lake Como far from everyday rush;
- Meeting people and agricultural traditions in ancient hamlets
Difficulty level – MEDIUM
Terrain: mostly on cobblestone paths in the hamlets and forest paths, easy to walk on. Trekking poles recommended for stability.
Gradient: moderate and constant.
Points of attention: none.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 10 in good health conditions and used to walk on mountain paths, considering difference in altitude and distance to be walked.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 8.15am at Bione car parking in Lecco. Please contact the Guide.
- 9.15am meeting at Viandante car parking in Campallo- Varenna;
- 9.30am excursion through hamlets, olive groves and woods; live music (international folk music) ONLY TO BE LISTENED along the way;
- Lunch at the hamlet (please contact the Guide for more details); live music;
- Around 5.30pm return to car parking in Varenna.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (for foreign people). Maximum validity of voucher: 1 year from date of first excursion.
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required within Saturday, 9th October 2021 on my website www.trekandtste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Varenna can be easily reached both by car and train from Lecco and Milan. For more details concerning car parking and car-sharing, please contact the Guide.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force. Transports costs to be shared.
PLEASE CHECK TRAIN TIMETABLE BEFORE LEAVING
For further information and help, please contact the Guide.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season.
- Hiking poles are recommanded, considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies.
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain poncho in case of unstable weather and summer storms.
Participants are requested to:
- wear face masks when inside.
- having the Green Pass to enter closed environment and where requested.
- take some spare masks.
- always guarantee interpersonal distance.
- sharing private car for transportation according to rules in force.
- read and sign anti-covid forms on departure.
- take some plastic bags with you to put your personal sweaty clothes.