EXCURSION IN THE BITTO VALLEY to make cheese
Discovering and getting to know the past and present history of Bitto cheese: the art of cheese-making on pastures, the passion of people living and working on pastures to produce this famous cheese; views on Valtellina and on mountains and peaks colouring of rose at sunset; Nature which we will live with our 5 senses: from sight to taste!
The itinerary is part of the project STORYTELLING BENCHES
POINTS OF INTERESTS
– Pastures rich in flowers where Bitto DOP is produced
– Bitto Dop production, an ancient tradition in the present
– Views on Valtellina and Monte Disgrazia at sunset
– Tasting of local cheese (Bitto cheese according to season) and more local products
Difference in altitude: 430 m
Distance: 10 km
Real walking time: 5 hours
Maximum altitude: 1950 m a.s.l.
Path starts at the car parking in the wood past Albaredo and it runs among pastures, woods and wetlands to the mountain hut where we will taste local cheese and products among which the precious Bitto (according to season), the mascherpa summer ricotta, cold cuts, salami… not to miss the handbrewed beer devoted to Leguji peak and produced by DuLac brewery in Galbiate and savoured with chestnut honey produced on the pastures by OverTree: a perfect combination of arts and job strictly connected to the area.
Excursion will then follow to the alpine Lake to come back in time to watche the different processes of cheese-making at sunset according to ancient traditions dating back to celtic times.
Light dinner at the hut and return to car parking at twilight on easy and large paths to enjoy the night atmosphere of the forest and mountains. Headlamp required.
Terrain: mostly mountain paths large and easy;
Gradient: moderate and costant. Difference in altitude 400 m.
Attention points: none
Excursion suitable for adults and teens over 10 in good health conditions used to walk on mountains paths on different terrains, considering difference in altitude and distance to be walked.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be kept on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 9am at the car parking in Morbegno, Via Rita Levi Montalcini. We will reach then the car parking where car can be parked for the excursion and which is not marked on google maps; ON REQUEST earlier meeting in Lecco to share cars.
- 9.45am excursion to the hut and lunch including local food products; excursion toward Laghetto di Lago; late dinner at the hut (optional);
- 6-8pm visit to cheese-making at the pastures;
- Around 10/10.30pm back to car parking and end of the excursion;
Programme and itinerary could vary according to weather and path conditions.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher for the next excursion up to 1 year from date of excursion (except for foreign people).
In case of cancellation by the participant on the same day or the day before the excursion, no refund will be done.
Adults: € 23.00;
Children and teens up to 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 15,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any tasting; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance for participant; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
€ 18 per person tasting lunch including typical sciatt (cheese and buckwheat balls), local cold cuts and cheese, white wine/water
Reservation required WITHIN Sunday, 7th August 2022, on the chart on my website www.trekandtste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 3
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car parking in Morbegno, Via Rita Levi di Montalcino is in Morbegno. Earlier meeting point in Lecco ON REQUEST.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having gripping soles to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy (highly recommanded);
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1 litres per person);
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); hiking raincoat in case of unstable weather and summer storms;
- sunscreen and baseball cap
Trekkers not adequately equipped could be denied participation to the excursion
According to rules in force