EXCURSION IN THE BITTO VALLEY to make cheese
A medium effort excursion to experience cheese-making processes on summer pastures in the mountain where the world-famous Bitto is produced, and used to cook pizzoccheri, a typical dish in Valtellina since ancient times.
We will get to know the past, present and future history of cheese-making art and artists who are working hard but with passion; we will enjoy wonderful panoramas on Valtellina and the mountains
Difference in altitude: 430 m
Distance: 10 km
Real walking time: 5 hours
Maximum altitude: 1950 m a.s.l.
Local products tasting at the hut; excursion on the mountain pastures; milking and cheese-making directly on site.
Return to car parking at twilight on easy and large paths to enjoy the night atmosphere of the forest and mountains. Head lamp required.
Points of interest
– Pastures rich in flowers where Bitto DOP is produced
– Bitto Dop production, an ancient tradition in the present
– Views on Valtellina and Monte Disgrazia
– Tasting of local cheese (e Bitto cheese according to season)
Terrain: mostly mountain paths large and easy;
Gradient: moderate and costant. Difference in altitude 400 m.
Attention points: none
Excursion suitable for adults and teens over 12 used to walk on mountains paths on different terrains.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
- Meeting point 9.15am at the car parking in Morbegno, Via Rita Levi Montalcini. We will reach then the car parking where car can be parked for the excursion and which is not marked on google maps;
- 10.15am excursion to the hut and aperitif including local food products; excursion toward Laghetto di Lago; free late snack or at the hut;;
- 6-8pm visit to cheese-making at the pastures;
- Around 10/10.30pm back to car parking and end of the excursion;
Programme could vary according to change in carefew.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher for the next excursionup to 1 year from date of excursion (except for foreign people).
Adults: € 25.00;
Children and teens up to 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 18,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
€ 15 per person aperitif including typical sciatt (cheese and buckwheat balls), local cold cuts and cheese, white wine/water
Reservation required WITHIN FRIDAY 25th JUNE 2021, on the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minimum age required 12. Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car parking in Morbegno, Via Rita Levi di Montalcino is about half an hour from the place where cars can be left for the excursion. In case of doubt, please contact me.
When sharing cars, please comply with the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy (highly recommanded);
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1.5 litres per person);
- packed lunch along the way;
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); hiking raincoat in case of unstable weather and summer storms;
- sunscreen and baseball cap
- head lamp
Participants are requested to:
- wear face masks when inside;
- take some spare masks;
- always guarantee interpersonal distance;
- sharing private car according to rules in force;
- read and sign anticovid form on departure day;
- take some plastic bags to put personal sweaty clothes .