MONTE OLANO SNOWY PASTURES IN VAL GEROLA
A demanding excursion owing to the terrain requiring sure footedness and the difference in altitude which we have to face, always overlooking the magnificent view on Monte Disgrazia.
The itinerary starts in Rasura at 900 m above sea level and it reaches Monte Olano pastures at 1700 m a.s.l. It runs through woods which are initially various and then only spruce and larch trees where underbrush is covered with green and soft musk and sun rays penetrate creating a wonderful interplay of light and shadow.
The effort will be rewarded by majestic view on Valtellina, from Colico to the entrance of the valley Masino and on Val Gerola and Albaredo Valley towards the border with Bergamo province valleys.
On Monte Olano plains we will have fun hiking with our snowshoes (in case of snow). Here ancient so called calècc rest under the snow blanket, where in summer the precious and famous Bitto cheese is produced.
Back to Rasura from a different path do that the itinerary is circular. Possible stop at the mountain hut to taste some of the local products.
AT THE MOMENT ONLY SNOWSHOES ARE REQUIRED IN THE FINAL PART OF THE ITINERARY
Difference in altitude: 850m
Distance: 11 km
Real walking time: 5 hours and half
Maximum altitude: 1750 m a.s.l.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Snow-covered pastures where in summer the famous and precious Bitto cheese is produced;
- Stunning views on Valtellina and Monte Disgrazia; on Val Gerola and Albaredo Valley;
- Larch and spruce trees forest where the underbrush is green and soft;
- walking in the snow and feeling the cold of snow flakes;
Terrain: mountain paths sometimes large and easy and sometimes nrrow and rocky; sure footedness is required;
Gradient: moderate to demanding;
Attention points: underbrush could be slippery owing to dead leaves;
Excursion suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions and used to walk on mountains paths on different terrains considering difference in level and distance to be walked.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.15am at the multipurpose center car parking in Rasura; Meeting point also in Lecco Bione to share cars on request;
- Excursion to Monte Olano pastures; packed lunch in nature;
- Stop at the mountain hut for a short break (optional);
- At about 4.30am return to car parking and end of the excursion;
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher for the next excursion (except for foreign people) – max validity 1 year.
Adults: € 20.00;
Children and teens up to 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
10 € snowshoes rent
20 € avalanche beacon rent in case of heavy snow
Reservation required WITHIN Saturday, 29th January 2022, directly on my website www.trekandtaste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rasura is in Valgerola, near Morbegno and it can be easily reached from Milan, Lecco and Como by your own car along the SS36 road. See details on the website.
Earlier meeting point in Bione Lecco could be possible to share cars.
- Please let me know in case you are willing to share your cars with people coming from your same are of residence in order to meet any requests.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Hiking poles recommended considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy (highly recommanded);
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person);
- Packed lunch;
- Dress in layers according to the season (T-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, micro-fleece, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); duvet, wool cap and gloves;
Participants NOT adequately equipped will NOT be admitted to the excursion.
Participants are requested to:
- Wear face masks when inside;
- Owing a Green Pass to access closed places according to rules in force;
- Take some spare masks with them;
- Always guarantee interpersonal distance and wear mask when stopping;
- Sharing private car for transportation according to rules in force;
- Read and sign anticovid forms on the day of the excursion;
- Take some plastic bags with them to put personal sweaty clothes;