MONTEVECCHIA AND ITS WOODS AND THE MAGIC OF COSMETIC PRODUCTS CREATED WITH ITS WATERS
Valle del Curone is a protected area, woods and vineyards, near Milan offering pleasant and easy hiking all over the year.
This is a pleasant itinerary along the river Curone among woods of hornbean and chestnut trees to discover farmhouses keeping the area as well as traditions alive; ti discover petrufying small rivers to live Nature deeply and with our 5 senses; But also to discover young businessmen who give value to the products of the territory in a unique way.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The atmoshere of the wood and its ability to cure us;
- Waters flowing and creating stones under our eyes;
- Cosmetic products from high quality products from the territory: water, vine and rosemary;
- Visi to farmhouse to discover the secrets of such cosmetic products
Difference in altitude: 140m
Distance: 9 km
Real walking time: 4 hours
The itinerary starts at the car parking along the Strada provinciale 54, but a previous meeting point is also possible at Cernusco – Merate railway station , few kilometres away.
From here we will immerse in the deep forest of hornbeam trees and chestnuts along the river Curone where trees and small bridges and crystal-like waters create a magic and relaxing atmosphere. The moss covering stones and trunks, the sound of the river flowing, the scent of the woods, the light and shade effect created by the sun penetrating canopies, historic fountains where we can savour clear water from Montevecchia. The same water which is used to create unique cosmetic products with pomace and rosemary.
After packed lunch in Nature, we will continue to the petrifying small river, a river rich in calcium carbonate whose waters are petrifying rocks and moss round.
Before going back to the car parking, we will stop in the farmhouse to smell cosmetic products and discover how they are produced … and to taste a little break made of local products.
ACQUA DI MONTEVECCHIA
From the heart of the land … essence for you!
The ability to mix existing elements in Nature, in a new way !
Discovering high quality products, such as rosemary, vine and water, typical in the area of Montevecchia, which are used in a completely new way in the beauty recipes of Acqua di Montvecchia company.
The project was born mainly from the idea of being part of the territory, including stories of people who have always worked here.
Montevecchia: an uncontaminated place where pure waters flowing from Valfredda fountain remember us about our own origins: a land rich in scents which intertwines among them, stars of a unique and wonderful story. The sun inebriates air of thyme and wind mess it up while dancing with rosemary. The dew wets sage leaves at sunrising, which arise admiring heroic vines growing lush on the hills. Acqua di Montevecchia has condensed, only for you, the best of this area in natural products: the work, effort, and passion to obtain it.
Difficulty level MEDIUM – EASY
Terrain: mainly comfortable and easy paths;
Attention points: trekking shoes are required, with gripping soles;
Excursion suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions and used to walk on mountains paths on different terrains considering difference in level and distance to be walked.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.00am at the car parking as indicated by the locator. Earlier meeting point at Cernusco-Merate railway station on request;
- Excursion in the Valle del Curone; packed lunch in nature;
- Visit to farmhouse producing cosmetic products;
- At about 4.30/5pm return to car parking and end of the excursion;
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher for the next excursion (except for foreign people) – max validity 1 year.
No fee is due in case of cancellation by the participant on the day or the day before the excursion.
Adults: € 20.00;
Children and teens up to 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; any visit to farmhouse; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
5 euros per person visit to farmhouse and little tasting
Reservation required WITHIN Saturday, 22nd October 2022, directly on my website www.trekandtaste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 3
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valfredda car park in Cernusco Lombardono can be easily reached from Milan, Lecco and Como by your own car. Free but small car prking.
Earlier meeting point at the railway station Cernusco – Merate on request.
- Hiking shoes are required, having gripping soles to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Hiking poles recommended considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy (highly recommanded);
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person);
- Packed lunch;
- Dress in layers according to the season (T-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, micro-fleece, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); duvet, wool cap and gloves; rain poncho in case of summer storm or unstable weather
- Head lamp;
Participants NOT adequately equipped will NOT be admitted to the excursion.
According to rules in force at the time of the excursion