HIKING ON THE FOOT OF RESEGONE AT PIANI D’ERNA
Geology and landscape tell us a story, among ancient pastures, among young forests where we can recover energy, peace and courage, and in the majestic views on Resegone and Grigne mountains.
POINTS OF INTERESTS
- Geology around us;
- The origins of Lake Como and the glacier;
- Ancient pastures and mines;
- Views on Lecco and the surrounding mountains;
Difference in altitude: 210 m
Distance: 6 km
Real walking time: 3 hours
Maximum altitude: 1322 m a.s.l.
The area named Piani d’Erna is just uphill from Lecco, at the foot of Mount Resegone whose peaks draw a serrated blade skyline and can be seen from far away characterising the area. Piani d’Erna represents a natural plane at around 1200 – 1300 m above sea level among 2 rocky walls: Mount Resegone on one hand and Pizzo D’Erna on the other, from which we can enjoy a wonderful view on Lecco, the Lake and Adda river, and the small Brianza Lakes.
On this stage, surrounding mountains, lake, pastures as well as landscape will tell us a wonderful story about rocks which have been formed under the seas, rivers which eroded the lakebed in the past, about glaciers which have arrived to the margins of the plane, about pastures which were once inhabited and vivid, about the thousands of flowers decorating meadows.
An easy but highly rich itinerary which we will walk so that to enjoy every footprint, every blow of the wind, every silence in Nature.
Anyway, suitable shoes with gripping soles are required.
Piani d’Erna can be easily reached from Lecco by public transports. Bus from Lecco center to cable car parking.
Car parking at the cable car is large and paying.
Packed lunch in Nature and snack or aperitif at the end of the excursion in a hut before descending (optional).
Level of difficulty: MEDIUM-EASY
Terrain: mountain paths and mule tracks; only sometimes comfortable.
Gradient: light to moderate; descent first
Point of attention: sure footedness and good health conditions required.
Suitable for adults and teens over 10, in good health conditions and used to walk on mountain tracks, conidering difference in level and distance to walk.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point 8.45pm at the car parking in Lecco Bione ON REQUEST;
- 9.20am meetin point at cable car car parking;
- Excursion and packed lunch in Nature;
- Around 4.30pm return to car parking according to waiting time at cable car.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people). Validity up to 1 year from date of the excursion.
No refund is due in case of canellation by the participants on the same day or on the previous day of the excursion.
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break and tasting; any transport to the meeting point; any transport during excuraion; injury insurance for participants; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required within Saturday, 2nd July 22 from the chart on my website www.trekandtaste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 3
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piani d’Erna can also be easily reached from Lecco by public transport. Bus from Lecco center arrives at cable cr parking.
Early meeting point at Lecco Bione ON REQUEST to share cars and costs.
Payng car park at cable car departure.
- Hiking shoes are required having gripping soles to walk safely on any terrain and in any season.
- Hiking poles recommanded considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies (at least 1 lt each);< packed lunch/li>
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain poncho in case of summer storms and unstable weather.
ATTENTION: trekkers not adequately equipped will not be allowed to the excursion.
According to rules in force