SENSORY ITINERARY IN VAL MASINO
AN EXPERIENCE WHICH WILL INVOLVE ALL YOUR SENSES
Walking slowly among century-old trees and big musk-embroidered rocks will help you reconnect to Nature through our senses: the softness of the musk and roughness of the rocks, the roar of the stream and the light step of roe deers; sunrays piercing tree branches and flower shyness; the scent of resin and brushwood; the warm taste of thermal waters.
Difference in altitude: 430 m
Distance: 8,5 km
Real walking time: 4,5 ore
Maximum altitude: 635 m a.s.l.
A medium-difficulty path leading from the beginning of the Bagni di Masino Valley to the abandoned spa resort and Masino waterfall, walking through spruce and beech forests in a magic atmosphere which will charm you.
Take your time and reconnect and experiment Nature to recover energies, through all your senses: touching musk and rocks, observing sunlight and darkness, smelling resin and underwood scents, listening to silence and noise and finally tasting the warm thermal waters mountains are offering for our good health.
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Terrain: mostly rocky mountain paths. Trekking poles recommended.
Gradient: moderate and constant.
Attention points: none.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 10 used to walk on mountain paths.
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
- Meeting point: 9.30am at Bregolana car park along the main road leading from San Martino to Bagni di Masino just few meters before the camping site.;
- Sensory itinerary to Masino waterfall and packed lunch along the path;
- back to car park around 5pm ;
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (for foreign people).
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required WITHIN FRIDAY 2nd JULY on the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail email@example.com and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car park at Bregolana can be reached BY CAR and it is along the main road to Bagni di Masino from San Martino, just few meters before the camping site. Distance from Milan around 128 km and around 72 km from Lecco.
Paying car park: 7 euros per day.
Hotels and B&B in the area available as well as 3 camping sites.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy;
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies;
- packed lunch (no mountain hut on the way) in the shade of trees;
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain stopper in case of unstable weather;
- Sunscreen and baseball cap.
Participants are requested to:
- wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- take some spare masks with you.
- interpersonal distance must be guaranteed while walking.
- read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion