SNOWY WEEKEND IN ALPE CAMPAGNEDA AND ALPE PRABELLO TO TASTE LOCAL PRODUCTS – VALMALENCO
A magic and snowy weekend looking for a relaxing moment.
A medium-effort excursion to enjoy every single snowflake, among Alpe Parabello and Alpe Campagneda high in Valmalenco, walking slowly on snowshoes.
The path slowly runs up to Alpe Campascio and further to admire Pizzo Scalino and Disgrazia Mount. We will reach Campagneda Lakes which are now covered with snow and ice and walk on snowy ups and downs to an ancient pasture where huts are covered by a wonderful blanket of snow.
During the day, introduction to the use of the avalanche beacon.
Overnight stay and dinner at Il Cornetto farmahouse where, in summer, local cheese is produced and where of course we will taste typical cuisine.
On Sunday we will have fun to plunge our snowshoes into soft snow in search for untouched blanket.
Lunch at the farmhouse and back to car parking so to come back home trying to avoid heavy traffic.
AVALANCHE BEACON AND SELF RESCUE-KIT ACCORDING TO SNOW CONDITIONS AND ITINERARY
ATTENTION: PROGRAMME AND ITINERARY MAY VARY ACCORDING TO SNOW CONDITIONS
total in 2 days
Difference in altitude 400M
Distance km 12
Max altitude 2226m a.s.l.
The Decree Law 28th February 2021, n. 40, concerning both off-track and snow-covered environment activities, enforce the use of an avalanche beacon, probe and shovel when snowshoe hiking when off-track regardless of the level of skilfulness.
The avalanche beacon is a transmitting device allowing people swept by an avalanche to be found; thus, anyone must be equipped with. It must be put under all clothes close to underwear, while shovel and probe can be carried in the backpack.
When you participate to Trek&Taste snowshoes hiking excursions you do not need to drive around in search of snowshoes and self-rescue equipment, because we can rent all the required kit.
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Itinerary on snow-covered environment whose conditions could vary according to varous factors among which temperature and kind of snow. Suitable for adults and teens over 12 in good health conditions even in case of first experience on snowshoes.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Do not hesitate to contact the Guide.
Please prevent the guide in order to arrange e comfortable stay at the mountain hut.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experience; closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.30am at the large car parking after Campo Franscia in Valmalenco (direction Lanzada and Campo Moro from Chiesa Valmalenco); alternatively and on request meeting point in Lecco Bione at 7.00am, to share cars;
- Snowshoes excursion to Alpe Campagneda and Alpe Prabello; accommodation at farmhouse at the beginning of the day so to light our backpack; packed lunch in Nature according to temperature; introduction to avalanche beacon and search test;
- 4pm arrival at farmhous for dinner and overnight stay
- Night snowshoes hiking on request.
- 8.30/9.00 Breakfast and excursion in the area;
- 12.00 lunch at the farmhouse and back to parking;
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4 or 6-PEOPLE DORMITORY WITH ALSO BUNK BEDS.
Please arrange your backpack so to leave some stuffs at the farmhouse and continue our excursion with a lighter load.
ATTENTION: PROGRAMME AND ITINERARY MAY VARY ACCORDING TO SNOW CONDITIONS
Adults: € 60.00 for the weekend
Childrene and teens up to 12: € 50.00 for the weekend
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group for 2 days (saturday and Sunday)- AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any tasting; any transport to the meeting point; snowshoes and self-rescue kit rent; accommodation at the hut; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
56 € full board (linen included) – dinner, overnight stay, breakfast and Sunday lunch. 10 EURO DEPOSIT TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE
20 € self-rescue kit renting fee for the week end (TO BE PAID SEPARATELY IN ADVANCE) IF NEEDED
10 € snowshoes rent in case no self-rescue kit is needed
ACCOMMODATION WILL BE ONLY IN 4 or 6-PEOPLE DORMITORY WITH SOME BUNK BEDS.
LINEN AND BLANKETS AVAILABLE
TOWELS ON REQUEST
PLEASE USE YOUR OWN SLIPPERS
RESERVATION WIHIN SATURDAY 29th JANUARY 2022
PAYMENT OF SNOWSHOES AND SELF RESCUE KIT WITHIN 2nd FEBRUARY
10 EURO DEPOSIT TO BE PAID WITHIN 29th JANUARY
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (teens included): 12
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Excursion could be confirmed even if weather conditions are not good but safe for participants.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion – max validity 1 year – or refunded (only for foreign people).
In case of cancellation from the participant less than 3 days from the date, the relevant Guide fee and self-rescue kit costs cannot be refunded.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; NO injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact
Car parking is after Campo Franscia, direction Lanzada, Campo Moro from Chiesa Valmalenco. After Campo Franscia, the road is winding.
GOOD WINTER TYRES OR SNOW CHAINS ON BOARD ARE COMPULSORY.
Paid car parking: 8 euros/2 days
Bione car parking is at the exit from SS36 and it is convinient in case we want to share cars.
Car-pooling according to rules in force. Costs will be shared among passangers.
- Please let me know in case you are willing to share your cars with people coming from your same are of residence in order to meet any requests.
- Winter trekking shoes, waterproof and with sole in Vibram material preferably;
- Trekking poles with larger snow basket to improve performance in deep snow;
- Snow gaiter recommended;
- Backpack for 2 days (45-50 l.) including hot beverages and food supplies, spare clothes for 2 days and the night, towels, and personal belongings; reduce personal belongings at the minimum;
ATTENTION: backpack max 40-60 l. will have to store also shovel badger and probe.
- Packed lunch for the first day;
- Dress in layers (technical underwear, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, micro fleece, duvet, softshell, gloves and wool cap);
In case of doubt do not hesitate to contact me.
ONLY ONE BACKPACK MAX 40-60 L. IS ALLOWED TO BE CARRIED DURING THE EXCURSION.
Please note that after an hour walk we will leave some stuffs at the farmhouse and continue our excursion with a lighter backpack. Arrange consequently with cotton bags.
Participants are required to:
- wear their face masks when inside and have the Green Pass to access mountain hut and places where required according to rules in force;
- take some spare masks with you;
- guarantee interpersonal distance and wear mask when stopping;
- respect rules in force in case of car-sharing
- take some plastic bags to put personal sweaty clothes;