STONE-BALANCING IN THE ENCHANTED VALLEY
RECOVERING INNER EQUILIBRIUM IN NATURE
Walking slowly to listen and observe nature while it becomes part of ourselves. In the enchanted valley the stream will enhance stone-balancing practice, which increase our sensitivity and let us feel energies passing from stones to body.
Difference in altitude: 220 m
Distance: 5 km
Actual walking time: 3 hours
Maximum altitude: 650 m a.s.l.
It is a one-day easy excursion starting from Albavilla and running through chestnut and oak woods and sedimentary rocks embroidered by moss; our destination is the enchanted valley where the calmness of the place will cuddle us and our inner energy will be inspired by the stream and its multicoloured stones: from calcareous grey stones to red ammonite stones including all the shades in between.
A stone-balancing expert will introduce and lead us in this meditative practice: a unique experience to live at least once in life.
Stone-balancing practice should help to recover inner equilibrium as well equilibrium with the world around us thanks to energies passing from the stones to our body.
Children and teens accompanying their parents during this excursion are welcome and they can either experience stone-balancing technique or carry out different activities in the nearby woods with the help of the guide and in respect of the main experience.
Level of difficulty
Itinerary on easy and well-kept paths and mule tracks. Short and slight slopes.
It is appropriate for people who are used to walk on paths.
Itinerary suitable for children over 7.
- Meeting point: 10.00am in Albavilla, Via xxv aprile (near U2 market)
- Excursion to the stream; packed lunch, introduction to stone-balancing technique; stone balancing experiencing.
- Return and arrival in Albavilla at 5.00pm
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion.
Adult: € 18.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 10,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Reservation required within (date TBD) to the link on my website www.trekandtste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
Maximum number of participants: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Albavilla can be easily reached by:
From Milan (about 50 km) and Lecco (about 20 km): SS36 exit Nibionno or Suello (and then follow Como);
From Como (about 13 km): SP342 following Lecco.
From Milan: Train from Milan Cadorna railway station: line Canzo-Asso, stop Erba; 1-hour journey. And then coach line C40 to Como, stop “Albavilla Bivio la Rosa” or “Albavilla centro”.
From Lecco (railway station): coach line C40 to Como, stop “Albavilla Bivio La Rosa” or “Albavilla centro”.
From Como Coach station or piazza del Popolo (near the main Church): coach line C40 to Lecco, stop “Albavilla Bivio La Rosa” or “Albavilla centro”.
Meeting point is 5 minutes on foot from the stop. Tickets are to be bought before getting on the bus in authorised cafès near bus stops.
For more information:
https://www.asfautolinee.it/ timetables C40.
https://www.trenord.it/linee-e-orari/circolazione/orario-ferroviario/ railway line Milano Cadorna – Canzo – Asso.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
Participants are required to:
- wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- take some spare masks with you.
- interpersonal distance must be guaranteed while walking.
- avoid sharing private car for transportation.
- do not share food and beverage.
- read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion.
- take some plastic bags with you to put your personal sweaty clothes
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on slippery stream rocks.
- spare socks.
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies.
- a small blanket to rest in the underwood and listen to nature
- packed lunch (no mountain hut or water sources on the way); lunch will be near the stream.
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket).
- Is there a car park at the meeting point?
YES. There is a large and free car park in the area near U2 market.
- Is the itinerary suitable for my child?
YES, it is. The itinerary is easy and the activity very interesting also for his/her age. Both the path and the area around the stream are very interesting and can arouse curiosity and encourage practical activities to be carried out with the help of the Guide and in respect of the main activity. Itinerary suitable for children over 7-year-old.
- Are hiking shoes compulsory?
YES, they are. Hiking shoes are recommended, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on slippery stream rocks.
- Can I just look stone-balancing experience?
YES, you can. You can participate as an observer respecting the main activity and complying with group management rules.
- What about lunch?
Lunch will be in the wood, near the stream. So, do not forget to take packed lunch and water supplies (no tables or benches available, no mountain huts or water source)
- What about my dog?
Your dog can participate to the excursion, but the Guide has to be prevented. Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by it. This unique experience requires silence and concentration.
- Is there a market to buy food near the meeting point?
YES, there is, but please, DO NOT BE LATE. Open on Sunday morning.