THE VIANDANTE TRAIL DORIO DERVIO INCLUDING SAN ROCCO CHAPEL, CORENNO PLINIO AND LAKE FISH TASTING
From the forest to the lake along ancient mule tracks and hamlets to taste lake fish and experience a secular tradition which today still lives along the shores of our lake.
Difference in altitude: 400 m
Distance: 8 km
Real walking time: 4,5 ore
Maximum altitude: 600 m a.s.l.
An itinerary demanding a medium effort and running from the small village of Dorio to San Rocco chapel along ancient mule tracks flanked by the typical stone walls: an important heritage of the past travellers, pilgrims and inhabitants walking along.
View on the Lake from Bellagio to Colico is amazing above all when the sun shines on its surface making it silver like.
Packed lunch in San Rocco and back to visit the mediaeval village of Corenno Plinio and to taste lake fish in Dervio.
Return to Milan, Lecco and Dorio by train.
Tasting is part of the excursion (see extra costs in the “Participation fee” section).
Difficulty level: MEDIUM
Terrain: mainly on rocky and cobblostone paths and some easier paths. Trekking poles are recommended.
Gradient: moderate to the top.
Attention points: moderate gradient to the top on mountain paths.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 10 used to walk on mountain paths facing a slight difference in altitude (400 m).
Trekking shoes required with gripping Vibram soles.
- Meeting point 9.15am at the railway station in Dorio;
- Excursion to San Rocco and view point; packed lunch on the way; visit to Corenno Plinio;
- 4.30pm lake fish tasting in Dervio and end of the tour; Trains to Dorio, Lecco and Bellano every hour.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fees paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (for foreign people).
Adult: € 18.00;
Children and teens less than 12 year old accompanied by an adult: € 10,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance;
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; tasting; injury insurance; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
15 € PER PERSON: lake fish tasting lunch (fried lake fish, marinated shad, lavarello mousse, salmon trout with green sauce and beverages)
Tasting lunch is part of the excursion.
Please, prevent the Guide in case of special diet and allergies.
Reservation required WITHIN SATURDAY 19th JUNE 2021, on the relevant link on my website www.trekandtaste.it or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rulesavailable on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
DORIO can be easily reached :
BY CAR from Milan and Lecco
Few free car parking at the station and at the cemetery.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
BY TRAIN: from Milan and Lecco.
Free and large car Parking in Lecco in Via Giuseppe Badoni, 10 min walk from the station.
PLEASE CHECK TIMETABLE BEFORE LEAVING
Train tickets must be bought before getting on the train: at the ticket machine in Milan and at the newsstand in Lecco. If you do not manage to buy the ticket, immediately prevent the ticket collector as you get up the train.
Tickets must be validated before getting up the train.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and food and water supplies;
- packed lunch;
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain stopper in case of unstable weather;
- bathing suit; sunscreen and baseball cap
Participants are requested to:
- – wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- – take some spare masks with you.
- – interpersonal distance must be guaranteed while walking.
- – read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion