TREKKING AMONG ALSATIAN VINEYARDS AND WINES
Alsace is the easternmost region in France, and it lies between the Vosges mountains and River Rhine, representing the natural border with Germany.
His troubled history and the proximity with Germany are responsible for its unique cultural, linguistic, and culinary identity where traditions and cultures of both nations are kept alive.
Alsace will enchant you with its picturesque hamlets: coloured timber-framed houses seem to be coming out from a fairy tale book; the surrounding hills produce one of the most precious wine in the world thanks to the mosaic of rocks underneath.
Green valleys, ancient ruins and fortresses nestled in the mountains: though it is one of the smallest region in France, Alsace offers a picturesque landscape making it one of the most beautiful and typical region in the country.
Storks are the symbol of Alsace: in spring and summer storks live on chimneys and rooftops enjoying the warm weather.
Vineyards on the hills produce a precious wine thanks to the terroir which is a fantastic mosaic of rocks characterizing it. Thus, not to miss wine and typical cuisine tasting.
Approximately 10 to 12 km per day including a difference in elevation each day around 100 and 200 m.
Tecnical details could vary according to change in the itinerary due to logistics and/or weather conditions.
Both residential excursions start in Ribeauvillé, a charming village along the wine road in Alsace, lying at the foot of the ruins of 3 ancient castles having great historic importance which we could visit in addition.
Both excursions requires light to medium effort and will lead us to visit the villages hidden in the valleys among hills covered by vineyards.
We will stop and taste wine as well as local cuisine which is part of the rich alsacian tradition.
Ribeauvillé has a great choice of typical restaurants offering local cuisine such as choucrute, Bouchée de la Reine, quiche lorraine, bretzel, Kugelhopf, tarte flambè…to say but a few.
Difficulty level MEDIUM/EASY
Very easy paths among vineyards and short traits on forest paths.
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 12 in good health conditions and used to walk, considering difference in altitude and distance to be walked. Trekking shoes compulsory.
Dogs on a leash. Please contact the Guide for more information.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experiences closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME TO BE DEFINED
Transfer from Italy to Alsace by private car or train and meeting point in Ribeauvillé. Car sharing is possible from Como. Please contact the Guide before registragion in case you need to share car.
Accomodation and visit according to arrival time and dinner in a typical restaurant in town.
Excursion among vineyards and forests from Turckheim to Katzenthal where it will be possible to taste wine in a local winery and have packed lunch in the cave.
Dinner in a typical restaurant in town.
Excursion among vineyards to Riquewhir, a medieval jewel, and more according to final programme. Return on foot/private car/public transport to be defined and dinner in a typical restaurant in town.
Return to Italy according to logistics. Visit of Colmar according to weather conditions and logistics.
ATTENTION: Programme and itinerary could vary according to final programme, weather conditions. The travel to Alsace is confirmed even in casa of bad weather conditions when safety of participants is guaranteed.
HIKING GUIDE FEE
Adults and children/teens: € 250.00 (for 4 days);
Inclusions: Hiking Guide fee – AIGAE LO639 during the stay; liability insurance only during hikings; logistics and language help; guide’s expenses
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; food and accommodation; injury insurance for the participants; travel and luggage insurance; local transports; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
It is suggested to buy an insurance for injuries and cancellation of travel as amount paid cannot be refunded after the deadline.
- € 180 per person, 3 nights, breakfast NOT INCLUDED; accommodation in apartment including single beds; possible extra bed in the dining room; shared bathroom; kitchen use; towels, bed linen; parking; final cleaning.
APARTMENT COSTS TO BE PAID WITHIN 22nd March 2024
- Breakfast, Dinner and lunch (according to chioice during the stay in different restaurants); approximately 30 euro per dinner and 10 euros per breakfast per person;
- € 45 Swiss highway card per car to be shared among passangers.
- Fuel costs per car to be shared among passangers (around 200 euro per car), considering a discounted quota for the driver.
- Reservation required within 22nd March 2024 on the chart in website www.trekandtaste.it
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 3
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
Minimum number of participants is required to confirm the trekking.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Excursion could be confirmed even if weather conditions are not good but safe for participants.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion – max validity 1 year – or refunded (only for foreign people).
In case of cancellation from the participant after the deadline 15th March 2023, the relevant Guide fee will be refunded only in part (not full refund).
Hotel costs cannot be refunded after deadline 22nd March 24, unless other participants subscribe.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
ATTENTION: The Guide cannot be hold responsible for accidents occurring when not on trekking excursions in Nature.
Ribeauvillé is about 380 km from Como and it can be reached by private car along Swiss highway to Basel and French highway to the relevant exit. Car sharing from Como on request.
By train, Colmar in Alsace can be easily reached from Como and Milan; connection in Basel. From Colmar bus service to Ribeauvillé is available. Please ask the Guide for more informations.
To book trains, please contact a travel agency or do it on the internet.
- Trekking shoes, waterproof and with gripping soles to walk safely on any terrain and in any season;
- Backpack for 1 day (20 to 30 l.) including water and food supplies, beverages, spare clothes, and personal belongings;
- Packed lunch to be bought on site;
- Dress in layers (technical underwear, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, softshell); rain ponchio in case of unstable weather;
Please contact the Guide in case of doubt.
ATTENTION: trekkers not adequately equipped will not be allowed to participate to the excursions.
ACCORDING TO RULES IN FORCE ON THE DAYS OF THE EXCURSIONS