WALK AND COOK
AN EASY EXCURSION IN NATURE TO EXPERIENCE AND SHARE LOCAL CUISINE
Walking slowly in nature, along mountain slopes overlooking Grigna Mountain Chain and Lake Como (Lecco branch); living the heritage and finally experience the magic of kneading and cooking as our nanny did.
Difference in altitude: 300 m
Distance: 6 km
Real walking time: 2 hours and 40 min.
Maximum altitude: 800 m a.s.l.
An easy itinerary in nature, rich in heritage and good conservative works: fountains built using ancient tombs, erratic boulders left by the glacier along the path, restored farmhouses where you can still find ancient and well-restored ice food storage areas. Views on Lake Como and on Grigna Mountain Chain, chestnut trees forest up to Camanin farmhouse, at Conca di Crezzo, where you will experience Lombardy typical cuisine.
A small mountain family-run farm, in the heart of Triangolo Lariano (the mountain area between the two branches of Lake Como), where owners grow dairy goats known as Camosciata delle Alpi, and process raw unpasteurized milk into fresh and matured cheese, yogurt and ice-creams.
Cooking-lesson will focus on kneading dough to cook the well-known Pizzoccheri, a kind of tagliatelle made with buckwheat flour and dressed with butter and cheese: an experience which will free your creativity and bring back to memory childish flavours and scents when nanny was cooking; moments to be shared while kneading, cooking, and finally tasting the final results all together.
Return to Valbrona from a quite different path but easy and pleasant.
Level of difficulty
The itinerary is easy on mule tracks and paths with different terrains (pastures, woods, cobblestone); very short exposed stretch demanding a little more attention before reaching Camanin farmhouse.
Suitable for people and teens over 10-year-old who are used to walk on mountain paths and on different kind of terrains; hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and with gripping soles in Vibram material, to walk safely.
- Meeting point 9.30am in Valbrona, car park in Via V. Veneto, 6 in front of the main church.
- Excursion to Camanin farmhouse as per description; short break on the way.
- 11.30am Welcome Aperitif and cooking lesson focused on Pizzoccheri; tasting of your home-made pizzoccheri.
- 5.30mm return in Valbrona.
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people).
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; cooking lesson; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
EXTRA COSTS TO BE PAID ON SITE
Adults: 35 €
Teens 10 to 13-year-old: 20 €
Welcome aperitif, cooking lesson, lunch including home-made pizzoccheri, 1 glass of red wine/water each, desert, and coffee.
Please prevent the guide in case of diet or allergies when sending request to participate.
Reservation required within TUESDAY 6th JUNE 2021 to the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minimum age required 10. Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Valbrona is a small village located in a valley on the Triangolo Lariano and can be easily reached by:
YOUR OWN CAR
from Milan (around 56 km) SS36 direction Lecco, exit Suello and then follow Erba – Canzo;
from Lecco (around 17 km) SS36 direction Milan, exit Suello and then follow Erba – Canzo; as an alternative you can drive to Onno alongside the lake and then up to Valbrona.
from Como (around 25 km) SP342 direction Lecco; and then follow Canzo;
Free car park in Via V. Veneto in front of the main church.
Private cars are to be shared according to the containment measures in force.
- hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely in the woods.
- hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person) and some snacks.
- dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket).
Participants are requested to:
- wear their face masks when stopping or when meeting other trekkers coming from the opposite direction; it is not recommended to wear masks while walking but interpersonal distance must be guaranteed.
- take some spare masks with them.
- guarantee interpersonal distance while walking.
- avoid sharing private car for transportation.
- do not share food and beverage.
- read and sign participation rules which have been sent to you upon registration and to be given to the Guide on the day of the excursion.
- take some plastic bags with them to put personal sweaty clothes .
Is there a car park at the meeting point?
YES, there is. It is free and large.
Is the itinerary suitable for my child?
The excursion including cooking-class is suitable for adults and teens over 10-year-old alike, feeling like engaging and experiencing cooking. In case of doubts, please contact me.
What about my dog?
This excursion is NOT suitable for dogs which could annoy and divert attention from the culinary activity carried out inside the farmhouse.
Are hiking shoes compulsory?
It is advisable to wear hiking shoes with gripping soles, preferably in Vibram material, to walk safely on the paths in the woods.
What about lunch?
Lunch will be at the farmhouse where we will taste your home-made pizzoccheri. Take some water and snack to enjoy along the way.