HIKE AND COOK
AN EASY EXCURSION IN NATURE TO EXPERIENCE AND SHARE LOCAL CUISINE
Walking slowly in nature, along mountain slopes overlooking Grigna Mountain Chain and Lake Como (Lecco branch); living the heritage and finally experience the magic of kneading and cooking as our nanny did.
Difference in altitude: 300 m
Distance: 6 km
Real walking time: 2 hours and 40 min.
Maximum altitude: 800 m a.s.l.
An easy itinerary in nature, rich in heritage and good conservative works: fountains built using ancient tombs, erratic boulders left by the glacier along the path, restored farmhouses where you can still find ancient and well-restored ice food storage areas. Views on Lake Como and on Grigna Mountain Chain, chestnut trees forest up to Camanin farmhouse, at Conca di Crezzo, where you will experience Lombardy typical cuisine.
A small mountain family-run farm, in the heart of Triangolo Lariano (the mountain area between the two branches of Lake Como), where owners grow dairy goats known as Camosciata delle Alpi, and process raw unpasteurized milk into fresh and matured cheese, yogurt and ice-creams.
Cooking-lesson will focus on kneading dough to cook the well-known Pizzoccheri, a kind of tagliatelle made with buckwheat flour and dressed with butter and cheese: an experience which will free your creativity and bring back to memory childish flavours and scents when nanny was cooking; moments to be shared while kneading, cooking, and finally tasting the final results all together.
Return to Valbrona from a quite different path but easy and pleasant.
Terrain: mule tracks and paths with different terrains (pastures, woods, cobblestone), sometimes narrow;
Gradient light and constant.
Points of attention: none
Suitable for people and teens over 10 in good health who are used to walk on mountain paths aconsiodering difference in level and distanc to be walked;
hiking shoes are required with gripping soles in Vibram material.
Dogs not allowed.
- Meeting point 9.30am in Valbrona, car park in Via V. Veneto, 6 in front of the main church.
- Excursion to Camanin farmhouse as per description; short break on the way.
- 11.30am Welcome Aperitif and cooking lesson focused on Pizzoccheri; tasting of your home-made pizzoccheri.
- 4.30mm return in Valbrona.
Programme and/or itinerary may change according to main activities and season.
NEXT EVENT: Tuesday14th June 22
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
Any fee paid will be considered valid as a voucher on the next excursion or refunded (foreign people); max validity 1 year from first excursion.
Adult: € 20.00;
Children and teens less than 12-year-old accompanied by an adult: € 12,00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance; cooking lesson; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
Adults: 35 €
Teens 10 to 13-year-old: 20 €
Welcome aperitif, cooking lesson, lunch including home-made pizzoccheri, 1 glass of red wine/water each, desert, and coffee.
Please prevent the guide in case of diet or allergies when sending request to participate.
Reservation required within Sunday, 15th May 22 to the relevant link on my website www.trekandtste.com or by contacting me directly: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile +39 347 04 05 703.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 15
Minimum age required 10. Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.com.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact email@example.com.
Valbrona is a small village located in a valley on the Triangolo Lariano and can be easily reached by your own car.
Nearest railway station in Canzo-Asso.
Free and large car park near the sport center along the main road.
Car-pooling according to rules in force and sharing of costs among passengers.
- Please let me know in case you are willing to share your cars with people coming from your same area of residence in order to meet any requests.
- Hiking shoes are required, preferably high laced-up and having soles in Vibram material to walk safely on any terrain and in any season.
- Hiking poles considerably reducing stress on joints and knees; telescopic poles are very handy.
- Backpack to carry personal belongings, spare clothing, and water supplies (at least 1 litre per person) and some snacks.
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain poncho in case of unstable weather and summer storms.
Trekkers NOT adequately equipped will NOT be admitted to the excursion.
- always wear face masks when inside.
- owing a Green Pass to access public places according to rules in force
- take some spare masks with them.
- always guarantee interpersonal distance while walking.
- share private car for transportation according to rules in force.
- read and sign anti-covid forms on the day of the excursion.
- take some plastic bags with them to put personal sweaty clothes .