HIKE&FRITTO MISTO ALLA PIEMONTESE
Viverone lies on the hills of Ivrea Morainic Amphitheatre, mainly on the Ivrea Serra which has been formed by sediments and debris carried to the valley during the various glacial eras by the glacier coming from Valle D’Aosta, and thus creating a mosaic of rocks giving different flavour to wines.
Let’s hike among hills, vineyards, kiwi cultivations, ancient villages and castle to discover this region and the food characterizing it.
Farmhouse Pozzo has been producing for generations not only wines but also fruits (kiwi) and safran. Matching old and new is the principle of their philosophy.
Morainic Amphitheatre is a morainic circle originated by glaciers which is unique in the world where the contrast between the inner depression and the surrounding hills is so evident to create an real amphitheatre.
For overnight stay, see section Programme
Difference in altitude: 330 feet (100 m)
Distance: 3 miles (km 5)
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The geological history of the Morainic Amphitheatre, the only one in the world where morphological contrast is so evident;
- Morainic hills where Erbaluce wines are produced;
- Products coming from the glaciers: oil, wine, kiwi and safran;
- Typical lunch and wine tasting;
- Ideas for Christmas presents.
Difficulty level: EASY
Terrain: mostly confortable paths and secondary roads.
Attention points: none
Itinerary suitable for adults and children/teens over 12 in good health conditions and, however, used to walk.
Dogs must be on a leash owing to the presence of wild animals in the wood and out of respect for other participants who could be afraid of or annoyed by them. Please, prevent the Guide.
The excursions I offer also aim at supporting local economic activities and at living unique experience; closely in touch with and with respect to people and places.
That’s why they often include tasting experiences and/or chance to buy local products directly from producers, mainly small local activities working hard and with passion to keep traditions alive;
That’s why groups I accompany are usually small … in order to meet and live local people and enter their lives and the calmness of the place on tiptoes.
The Cape Town Declaration in 2002 recognises that Responsible Tourism takes a variety of forms, it is characterised by travel and tourism which:
- minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts;
- generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life changes;
- makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- provide access for people with disabilities and the disadvantaged;
- is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
- Meeting point at 9.45am at the car parking in Piazza Padre Renzo Zola in Viverone;
- Excursion among forest and vineyards, kiwi cultivations and old hamlet and castles;
- Wine tasting and local lunch;
- Ideas for Christmas presents;
FOR ANY OVERNIGHT STAY, please direclty contact:
- Cascina Coste a Roppolo
- Villa Emilia a Roppolo
- La Lanterna a Viverone
- La locanda di Sant’Antonio Abate a Viverone
- Monastero del lago a Viverone 375 579 2400
The excursion can be cancelled or postponed anytime by the Guide at her absolute discretion, in case safe and proper conditions cannot be guaranteed following bad weather conditions on the day of the excursion or on the previous days.
The Trek could be confirmed even though weather conditions are not perfect when safety for trekkers is guaranteed.
IN CASE OF EXTTREMELY WORSE WEATHER CONDITIONS THE EXCURSION WILL BE MAINLY LUNCH AND TASTING.
No refund is due in case of cancellation by the participant less than 3 days BEFORE date of excursion.
ACCOMMODATION IS TO BE BOOKED INDEPENDENTLY: PLEASE VERIFY CANCELLATION POLICY.
Adults: € 25.00;
Childrene and teens up to 12: € 18.00
Inclusions: Nature Guide fee accompanying the group – AIGAE LO639; liability insurance; guide expenses.
Exclusions: any lunch and break; any tasting; any transport to the meeting point; injury insurance for participants; any service not included in the item “inclusions”.
10 € Wine tasting and cave visit.
26 € typical lunch including fritto misto alla piemontese, dessert, water and 1/4 white wine.
Any overnight stay.
RESERVATION within Thursday 16th November 23
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (teens included): 15
Minors must be accompanied by an adult holding responsible.
Participation to the excursions implies unconditioned acceptance of the rules available on my website www.trekandtaste.it.
INJURY INSURANCE FOR TREKKERS
Participation fee only includes liability insurance; no injury insurance coverage is provided to Participants to the excursion. It is advisable to take out a suitable injury insurance.
EIC Organization offer an annual injury insurance which can be activated by the Trip&Trek app and amounting to 10 euros per year, per person. The insurance is valid 1 year whenever you participate to an excursion with and AIGAE Guide. For more details, please contact
Viverone is in the so called canavese region and it can be easily reached from Milan by highway. Exit Santhià and then follow Ivrea and Viverone Lake.
Large and free car parking.
- Confortable Hiking shoes having gripping soles;
- Backpack to carry hot beverages;
- Dress in layers according to the season (shirt, long-sleeved shirt, Fleece jacket or sweatshirt, rain and wind stopper jacket); rain stopper in case of summer storms or instable weather
ATTENTION: trekkers not adequately equipped could be excluded from the excursion on the scheduled day .
According to rules in force on the day of the excursion